Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Bio about my home buying and investment experiences!

Hi!

Everyone one thinks they know a thing or two about home buying. I would like to group myself into this category. Let me give you a brief run down. I learned about seriously investing when I was 22. When I returned from Iraq I decided to purchase a home with all the money I saved up. When a person is stuck in a third world country it is tough to spend money unless it is on crap. I worked sixteen hour days on average I did not have time to spend my money on junk.

Buying a house at twenty-four years old can be overwhelming. I did not have a father to guide me through, I just went along and tried to figure it out. I am sure at any age home buying can be difficult and overwhelming. We normally have tons of questions. I used google like a mad woman. However, there were still many failures in that journey. My first house is a very expensive crash and burn when it comes to investing and a return on investment. My first house will likely never be worth $140,000.00 ever again.

Over the course of time I would like to blog about my experiences in purchasing homes. I purchased a home in 2010, 2011, and purchased my third home as of July 2013. I have two homes up for rent. Being in the service and a decreasing economy has had its affects on where I live and what I do with my property. Even with being well into a third property it has not been a charm. All the things I thought I learned did not help with the third. Because of this I have learned about dealing with banks, mortgage brokers, insurance, short sales, regular sales, property management/managers, things to look for, and many other things.

There are many articles out there but they are from the "expert" who knows everything because they learned it in school or as a real estate agent. How many of these "experts or agents" have purchased a home themselves? There might be some, but who puts everything in one place. I have googled the living crap out of all sorts of things and sometimes I do not find the small nitty gritty stuff. Some how it gets missed. These are the things I hope to help with. If you have a specific question shoot me an email and I will answer it if I can.

If anyone reads this Thank you for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment